Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The grass is always greener

My hair and I are in a never-ending battle. To truly understand this battle, you’ll need to know a few things.


1. My hair is curly.


Here's Matt and I at a Brewer's game. Note the curly hair.


2. It's not always the same curly. Sort of wavy in the pic above. Below, very, very curly.


Get your curly knaps off me, says Jax.


3. It is thin. Thin enough that, when it's straightened, its limp and *blech.*


Love this pic, hate the hair. It was taken at my dad's birthday. That's my baby bro on the right. Some goofy girl with round cheeks on the left. Dad in the middle. Doesn't he look like a proud father? I love it.

Just kidding about the goofy girl on the left. Believe it or not, that's the current me (plus 20 lbs or so).

Anyways, I've always struggled with it. I enjoy it longer for a while, then I get bored with it and chop it all off. Once it's chopped off, I miss it longer and grow it out again. I enjoy it longer for a while ... you get the picture.

I'm at the point in that vicious cycle where I want to chop it all off. And, that's what I'm going to do. Tonite.

Since I've lost weight, I feel a lot more confident about pulling off a short, funky hair style. With the slimmer cheeks, I think I may really like a shorter cut. Plus, it's going to be 80 degrees and humid soon, and the curls get really hot and frizzy in the summer.

I have a good friend, Krystal, who is a hairdresser. So, I'm going to see her tonight. Pictures to follow. Unless I hate it. Then, there'll be no pictures of me on here for a long.

Just kidding, Krystal. I'm sure I'll love it.


I hope.


Just kidding, again, Krystal.

And, in case you were on the edge of your seat wondering if I went to the gym yesterday, I did. Went and got my run on. It felt good. I'll be there after work today, too.

Then off for the hair cut, nice and sweaty mop top for Krystal.


I'm her favorite client. Trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment