Thursday, May 6, 2010

The trouble with weight loss


Losing weight the healthy way is a long, slow process. I have dreams in which I wake up and have magically shed 20 pounds. Ahh … Wouldn’t it be nice?

But, that’s not how it works, and for good reason. First off, it’s unhealthy for your body. Your completely change the routine your body is used to and the rapid weight loss can affect your heart, puts you at a greater risk for an eating disorder, and has been linked to gall stones (who da thunk?).


Plus, you’re more likely to put everything right back on if you try to lose weight quickly.


I was very discouraged when I started losing weight. It doesn’t seem very monumental to be losing a pound here and there. So, I focused on setting small goals, for example, lose 2 pounds each week for a month. And, once that goal was met, you realize you’ve lost 8 pounds! It all adds up.

And, that is what I continue to do. My goal is to continue to drop 2 pounds a week until I’ve dropped those final ten.


Hypothetically, in 5 weeks, there could be no real reason for this blog anymore. Maybe I should go grab a cheeseburger for lunch so I can draw this thing out a little longer?


Speaking of cheeseburgers … White Castle just announced a burger-scented candle that they’ll be selling at all their locations. One word: gross.

No comments:

Post a Comment