Friday, June 11, 2010

Health care reform

Sorry I haven’t been around in a while. I’ve been pretty sick this past week. I missed a few days of work and the days I mustered up the energy to get to work, I came home and slept immediately after. No gym and no real cooking this week. I just haven’t had the energy.

I am starting to feel better today and I plan on getting to the gym tomorrow. I’ll post a quick weigh-in sometime this weekend. My guess is that I’ve pretty much stayed the same. I haven’t been working out, but I have been eating right, so we’ll just have to see.

On another note, before I was struck with the plague this week, I managed to get a little shopping done.

For me, one the craziest things about weight loss is how you notice it. Sure, I saw it in the actual numbers, and felt better about myself, but because I look at myself daily, it is hard to physically see it. So, the actual physical validation of losing weight came for me in how my clothes fit.

Especially over the last few weeks, it has been harder and harder to find clothes in my closet that fit me. And, boy, is it a great feeling.

But, it’s also really frustrating. I know I sound ridiculous to complain about this, but I was getting ready for a night out a few weekends ago and I was really having a tough time finding something to wear. Every pair of pants I tried would fall down without a belt and my shirts hung off me.

I didn’t want to go shopping for new clothes yet for a few reasons. For one, I still want to lose those final ten (I think it’s like actually more like 7 now), so I didn’t want to buy clothes and then buy more in a few months. And, second most importantly, I don’t have the money to buy an entire new wardrobe.

Finally, this past weekend, after a few more ridiculous temper tantrums because I couldn’t find anything to wear, I went out and bought a few staple items: a pair of jeans, a pair of shorts, and a few tops that fit better than ones in my closet.

And side note, I am a size 5!!! I don’t think I’ve been a size 5 since like the eighth grade! It feels so great!

Which brings me to my point of the post. We hear all kinds of things about the problem of obesity in America. So, I think one way we could encourage people (read: women who love clothing) to lose weight is by offering them small shopping sprees to a department store once they hit their healthy BMI. Free stuff always motivates people.

It would’ve so worked for me.

I know it’s not a real health care initiative, but I think if I owned a department store I would offer something like that.

Macy’s? Boston Store? Kohl’s? Are you listening? I think I have a great marketing strategy for you!

That’s me. Solving America’s problems.

No sweat. All in a day’s work.

McChain 2012.

Only joking. I'm not the president-type.

No comments:

Post a Comment