Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Mom. Dad. I'm Gaelic.

Been super busy lately. Both at work and at home.

This past weekend was Irish Fest. I had an old friend staying with me for a few days and we went down to Irish Fest all day Saturday and Sunday. Listened to some excellent music. Danced our butts off. Drank too much Jameson. Ate too many reuben rolls.


Me with my mother and father at Irish Fest. My dad has volunteer bartended for the fest for 29 years! The festival has been around for the 30 years! He's made it to all of them except the first year. Pretty amazing.


At the fest with my friend's Lauren, Brianna, and Rowan. Rowan comes all the way from St. Joesph, Michigan each year for the fest. It's that awesome.

I had a great time. Irish Fest is always a big event for my family and friends. If you want to hear some amazing music, check out my awesome friend's band called Rising Gael. They are amazing. My friend, Katie, is the fiddler. And, not only does she fiddle, she dances too. She's my hero.

I did get to the gym on both Saturday AND Sunday!! That's right, Sunday morning, after getting down with the Jamo on Saturday night, I made it to the gym and yes, I did run. My poor dehydrated body hated me, but after about 15 minutes of cramping, it got over it.

I didn't track my miles this week. I can't really use being busy as an excuse as to why I didn't do it. I mean, it only takes 30 seconds. So, I have no excuse. It just didn't get done.

Also, it's official. I'm taking the plunge.

November 14th I will be running a half-marathon in Pensacola, Florida. I'm putting together a training schedule and I'll share it with you shortly. I'm actually really looking forward to it. As I've mentioned before, I have a friend that lives there. It's an excuse to go visit her. Plus, the course is along the beach. In Wisconsin, the last place I want to be in November is on a beach. It will be awesome to get some warm weather before Old Man Winter really hits.

I'll be back with a weigh-in in a couple of days. It's that time of the month for me (sorry for the TMI) and I'd like to weigh myself after that. It's looking good though. Other than Saturday, I tracked all my points and came in for that day's worth.

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment