Monday, August 9, 2010

Not the mini kind

Happy Monday, everyone! I hope your weekend was as good as mine. I had so much fun, I was asleep at 8 last night. That’s right, 8! I swear I’m an 80-year-old woman in a 23-year-old’s body.

Anyway, did a lot of fun things this weekend. Went to the Brewer’s game yesterday and tailgated beforehand. It was lots of fun. But, definitely ate too much. Pretty sure it’s going to affect the weigh-in for tomorrow.

I golfed, and not the mini kind ☺, for the first time ev-a on Saturday. It was so much fun! We were playing in a memorial golf outing for a family friend of my friend Brianna. (Did ya follow that?) Brianna and I were on a team with two guys and we played best ball. That’s when each player on the team plays his or her own golf ball throughout the round, and on each stroke the best ball of the group serves as where everyone leaves their ball for the next stroke. You have to use at least 4 strokes from each player, making sure every member of the team contributes.

Brianna and I in the golf cart. She's actually driving it in the picture. Thank goodness there's not a lot to crash into on a golf course.


Preparing for awesomeness. And I know I'm in everything you're not supposed to wear when golfing, but I do what I want. So there. :)

Tiger in training. And not to gloat or anything, but I love the way my back looks in this shot. My back has never looked like that! I love it!

I had a few good drives. I suck at chipping though. There was this one time it took me like 9 swings to hit the ball. No joke. It was pretty comical.

Also, I went to the gym on BOTH Saturday and Sunday! I think that’s the first time that’s happened in … well, quite possibly it’s the first time ever. Here’s my running schedule for the week:

Mon: 6.15 miles in 60:00
Tues: 3.35 miles in 30:05
Sat: 3.26 miles in 30:00
Sun: 4.35 miles in 40:00

I ran a total of 17.11 miles in 2:40:05. Which I’m super pumped about! Ideally, I would like to run 5 days out of the week, but I am very proud of what I got in. I also did some yoga on Saturday. I’ve never really been a yoga person before, but for whatever reason, loved it on Saturday. So, I think I’m going to try and get it in a few times a week. It really makes me body feel less sore after running and helps me relax.

On a side note: I was using a weight machine on Saturday and one of the trainer’s at my gym came up to me and gave me a few tips. She told me that I should be lifting a lot more than I am. Now, I’m always afraid of my arm’s getting too big and looking manly. I’ve been told in the past do less weight and more reps. That way I’d get toned and not super big. I told the trainer this and she basically laughed. Apparently I don’t have to worry about getting manly-big because I don’t have enough testosterone in my body. She told me that I should be lifting enough weight so that it’s work every time and on the 8-10 rep, I should really be struggling. It was a huge epiphany.

I’d also like to say that I honestly really love my gym. And, the trainer coming up to me out of nowhere and helping me is a great example as to why I do. Everyone is awesome and friendly and super helpful. There’s no one telling me I can only spend 30 minutes on a cardio machine and I never have to wait to use any equipment. I used to hate, hate. HATE going to the gym. But now I have really come to enjoy. It has become my time of day to de-stress and relax. I’ve never loved a gym as much as I love the one I have now and I know that plays a huge part in me actually going.

So, make sure you find a gym you actually like before you get a membership. All gym’s offer a free week’s pass before you commit to a membership. Make sure you shop around and can really see yourself spending lots of time there each week. Trust me, if you can’t see it, it won’t happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment