Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Weighing in

So, to start off, I got in 6.16 miles in 60 minutes yesterday at the gym (plus a half mile cool down but I'm not going to count that in my miles for the week). I felt amazing after and wish I would've gone 7 miles like I originally planned. I haven't run more than 3.5 miles in a long time, so just knowing that I can run that far felt great.

I also thought I would be super sore this morning, but my legs feel great today! After yesterday's run, I am slightly more motivated to work towards running a half marathon. I've signed up for an 8K in October. If I enjoy that race, I think I'll plan on doing a half marathon next summer.

I'm also going to try get my long run in for the week on Sunday mornings. I usually have the time and if I start to get that into my routine, it will be much easier.

I also would like to get in 15 miles this week. As of today, 6.16 miles down. I'd like to get in 3 more today after work.

Also, the moment you've all been waiting for, I weighed myself after the run yesterday and I actually lost a pound for the week! I came in at 128.2. Even though this was after the run, it was also after chugging a bunch of water.

The fact that I thought I ate bad the previous week showed me two things.
  1. I'm a lot more active than I think I am. Between at least 2x daily dog walks and work, I get in a lot of walking.
  2. My idea of what is healthy and what is not has changed drastically since I started Weight Watchers. I am now programed to recognize when I may be consuming too many calories and can compensate for the day with everything else I eat.
On a side note, the Center of Disease Control has issued a new report that says nine states in the U.S. now have an obesity rate of 30% or more. That's almost 1 in 3 people! The scariest part of the report: in the year 2000, there were zero, yes ZERO!, states that had a 30% or more obesity rate. It's really scary to think about and definitely motivates me to keep going.

No comments:

Post a Comment